Thursday, December 2, 2010

Christmas Sensory Box and Count Down Calendar

Caja Sensorial Navidena

Here is our sensory box for Christmas..I think C really likes it..She is being laying with it for the last couple days.Here is the list :
 Pon pons, bells, wooden star shapes beads,plastic little beads,pipe cleaner Christmas shapes, paper ribbons for gifts,lace and white and green packaging foam I recycled.

Ests es nuestra caja sensorial del mes, es relacionada ael tema de La Navidad. C se la paso explorando la caja por momentos muy largos..me parece que le gusto.
Aqui esta la lista:
Pompones,campanas,cuentas de madera en forma de estrella, hilera, cuentas de plastico, figras navidenas de limpia pipas, lazos de regalos y material de espuma que se utiliza para empacar en color rojo y verde.



Here is our counting calendar for Christmas..I used  paper towel tubes cut them in half. Here is the tutorial..I changed some things from the tutorial..instead of the puncher I used Christmas stamps I bought at Michael's years ago, I used hot glue to close one of the ends of the tube and  glue scrapbook paper. Write the numbers with green marker...I  did not spent a single dollar..and Yes..I am proud of it : ) I also have some green fabric  from an apron I am making for C..I used it as the background  with card box from big boxes.

Aqui esta nuestro calendario de conteo para Navidad, Use el tutorial de esta linda pagina , no me salio tan bonita como a ella, pero utilize lo que tenia a la mano. Bueno yo siempre guardo los tubos del papel toalla, y me aculume de muchos asi que esta idea me pareceio genial paea poder usarlos, simplemente los corte por la mitad y los pinte con tempera blanca. Use sellos que compre en Michaels hace tiempo para estampar en el frente de el tubo como el papa noel, el muneco de nieve y el arbol de Navidad, pegue con pistola de goma uno de los bordes y encima papel de scrapbooking. Use plumon de color verde para escribir los numeros, para el fondo utilize carton de unas cajas que teniamos del fin pasado de las compras y lo forre con tela verde que me sobro de un mandil que le hice a C...Y no gaste ni un solo dolar!!! : ) 



C loves the idea! Once we go thru the day we use the clothe pin to close the tube. so she has a better idea of the counting down. I put inside the tubes some candy,little love notes,finger puppets, stickers...

A mi C le encanto la actividad! Lleno los tubos de caramelos, tarjetitas,titeres de dedos, figuritas ..etc. Cuando el dia haya pasado cerramos el tubo con el gancho, de esta manera ella tiene una mejor idea del dia presente.


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I lake it, very interesting and nice Christmas calendar!
Kisses and happy weekend.

Beloved's Redheaded Bride said...

This would be fun for little Ones! Very Cute!

I found your blog from doing a click here and click there! You have a precious little place here! THanks for letting me peak in.

Unknown said...

Very nice! I love how you put this together the colors, and the use of the pipecleaners is awesome. Your calendar is very creative! Thank you for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Me ha encantado tu calendario, no los conocía y vi que Saray también hizo uno, lamentablemente,creo que ya es muy tarde para hacerlo, supongo que cada día van sacando lo que metieron en las bolsitas no es así?
Te ha quedado muy bello al igual que la caja sensorial y las pelotitas, gracias por las ideas!

Olives and Pickles said...

Thank you my friends for the nice comments.

Feliz Mama puedes empezar desde la semana siguiente...yo creo que no importa! Aun tienes tres semanas en el calendario : )

Unknown said...

What a beautiful advent calendar you made. If my sons saw your header they would be asking to see it every day and be asking if they could have one. It's adorable.

Plants seeds of knowledge...for our future! said...

I love your blog! Do you translate your blog in Spanish or use a program? I am a Kindergarten teacher and I blog for my classroom. I have a large number of Hispanic parents and would love to be able to translate my blog for more of my parents!

Kylie said...

Love these and your sensory tub is super cute. Thanks for linking it to the Sensory Tub Ideas List.

I also have a Christmas Fun Link Up happening that might interest you - http://ourworldwideclassroom.blogspot.com/2010/12/christmas-fun-2010-kick-off.html

Olives and Pickles said...

Plants seeds of knowledge for our future..Thank you for your visiting my blog.
I do the translating myself..it takes time but I think is way worth it!
But I do some translation in chinese for some activities I do for my child using google translate here is the web link : http://translate.google.com/#
it is not 100% assured for translating sentences but it is a great help..it translate the sentence and also you have an icon to hear the pronunciation.
Hopefully it helps.


Kylie, thank you for the link..and your support!

Have a wonderful weekend my bloggy friends!

Nikki's Mummy said...

This is the cutest little homemade sdvent calendar I've seen this year! I love it! Your craft ideas are always so simple and easy, yet look soooo good!

Deb Chitwood said...

You have such great sensory tubs! I featured your post and photo in my 40+ Christmas Sensory Tubs post at http://livingmontessorinow.com/2012/12/17/montessori-monday-40-plus-christmas-sensory-tubs/